Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chiro Java...Coffee and Chiropractic Combined!


Today, we are going to visit Chiro Java, a coffee shop located in the heart of downtown Seguin, across from the county courthouse. I used to wonder how to pronounce the name of the coffee shop until someone told me that Chiro was short for chiropractic...the owner of the shop is a chiropractor who has her office in the coffee shop. All of a sudden, the Chiro part of the name made perfect sense. 

A few years ago, someone painted a huge mural on the southern wall  of the shop. From a distance, you can see how well the blue sky of the mural matches the deep blues of the Texas sky.

 Here is the mural up close....It commemorates the stagecoach that traveled through downtown Seguin in the late 1800's and the folks who lived in Seguin.

If you would like to see what the Magnolia Hotel looks like today, you can do so here.
http://wildabouttexas.blogspot.com/2011/02/magnolia-hotel.html

Inside the shop, there is a roomy yet cozy dining area decorated with an eclectic mix of vintage furniture,  and burlap bags, old coke signs and paper parasols.
Local artisans' work is displayed on the walls and on tables. There are comfortable seating areas so patrons can hang around and visit as they work on their laptops (wi-fi is available).
The folks who come for an adjustment  as well as a cup of coffee check in with Lori. Instead of waiting for their appointments in a boring office, they just have a seat in the coffee shop until Lori calls their name.


I spotted this guy laughing at me as I talked to Lori, so I had to take his picture too....not the typical coffee shop decor, that's for sure!

Lori was so helpful and nice. While I was sitting at a table with my friends, I heard her call my  name. She wanted me to meet the Chiro part of Chiro Java. Here she is...Christine Steinbrenner, DC, according to the business card I pulled off the counter. She let me take a quick picture as she brought her next client into her office.



Now, I did not need my back adjusted...I went to Chiro Java to have lunch with some friends. And let me tell you, their lunch menu is awesome.

At the counter, Laurie took my order for one of their turkey avocado sandwiches. I love them.

It was delicious, too. 

So, if you are ever in downtown Seguin around lunch time, stop in at Chiro Java. I am sure you will love it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck. Website

    ReplyDelete