Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Old Year Passes, The New Year Beckons


2011 is just hours away from being just a memory for us and the new year is waiting in the wings. The past year has been a year of waiting at the Kissiar household. We lost our home in November of 2010. The Lord led us through the dark times and we found a wonderful vintage home to rent for the past year, but we have just been marking time. We want our own home. 
Now, after months of praying, months of saving, and months of searching, we are almost ready to close on a home that will be our very own. Praise the Lord.

This is not a photo of our new home, though our new home is not much bigger and about as old as this yellow farm house. We are so excited, because we have found an old home built around the 1930s that just needs a little tender loving care. So, the new year will be a time of rebuilding for the Kissiars. It is going to be so much fun.

As I close out this blog post for 2011, I would like to thank each visitor who has stopped by since I started blogging in January. Many of you are from distant lands and there are lots of folks who live in Texas, so I have tried to include photography that gives you a sense of my little corner of the world. I hope you have enjoyed the photos and the little notes, and I look forward to sharing the wonders of Texas as seen through my eyes in the coming year.

Happy New Year to each and every one of you, and may God richly bless your lives with his love and grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment