Friday, May 31, 2013

Town Lake (a.k.a.Lady Bird Lake) at Sunset

Sometimes, a bump in the road is a good thing. For instance, as I travelled home from Fort Worth on the Amtrak Texas Eagle, I eagerly anticipated arriving in San Marcos. However, the train ride took so much longer than I expected. We should have passed through Austin and crossed Town Lake around 6 pm. Instead, due to construction on the lines, the train dawdled along at a mere 30 or 40 miles per hour from Temple to Taylor, instead of its usual speed of upwards of 80 miles per hour. We were just crawling home, I thought.

Praise the Lord for his unexpected kindnesses and treats. Because we were so far behind schedule, we crossed the Lower Colorado River at Town Lake right when the sun was setting. In fact, it seemed like the sun hit the glass on the high rises and turned them into molten gold, reflecting in the water with a stunning display of clarity and color.

Don't you love it when a bump in the road leads to something wonderful?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nan -
    I discovered your wonderful blog as I was looking for information on the HEB Rockport Lodge. We are having a little vacation there this summer and I was trying to get a little preview/feeling of what to prepare for my young children while we are out there. As I read through your blog, I was delighted by your eye and stunning photography. I have a feeling that we would get along very well! I, too, am always mystified by the glory of God that is present in His creation. At times, it is so obvious, how do people even miss it? At other times, it is so detailed, it is easy to miss if you are not looking closely. I am not a photographer myself but I have so enjoyed an evening spent wandering away from my to-do list and exploring my home state through your eyes. Thank you! PS - Your photos of Rockport have made me so impatient for our vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have enjoyed my photography and I know you will have a wonderful time at Rockport!

    ReplyDelete