Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth Of July Celebrates Freedom...It Doesn't Come Cheap

Today is July 4th, the day Americans celebrate freedom. Traditionally, we celebrate with parades and fireworks. Seguin pride's itself on putting on the largest parade of any small town in Texas, and this year, there were about 150 entrants in the parade. Each year, I get my camera and walk the streets lining the parade, taking pictures of the participants and their floats so that I can share some of the patriotic celebration with my friends and readers around the world.

Today, I am starting my series of blogs on the Fourth of July with a few photographs of the heros of our country, the folks who have served in the different branches of our armed service. These folks  believe that the only way our country will stay free is if we have soldiers who are willing to defend our country against all aggressors who wish to destroy the United States of America. These men and women do not make our foreign policy, they do not choose where they will serve, they just selflessly go where they are sent and do what they are told to do. So, we are still free today, and I wish to say thank you to each of them.

Here are a few of our servicemen who were in the parade. They are our heros.




No comments:

Post a Comment