Friday, October 12, 2012

Guadalupe County Fair 2012

Every fall, farmers celebrate the harvest. In America, there are fairs, both very small and very large, with all kinds of fun events for folks. Since I live in Seguin, the county seat of Guadalupe county, I make it a point to attend some of the fair events. Yesterday, right at sunset, Richard and I went to the carnival. I had to ride the ferris wheel (all by myself, since Richard is not crazy about ferris wheels). The two fellows in charge of the ride were so nice. I told them I wanted to take some pictures from the very top, so they rotated the ride and moved my car up to the very highest point, then stopped the ride for a little bit. I was the only one on the ride, so it did not bother anyone else, and I appreciated their kindness. As you can see, the view was incredible.


We walked around, just taking in all the sites....

There were a lot of carnival games. Here is the gold fish game, which I did not play, because I did not want to have to carry around a plastic baggie with a fish in it, if I won.


There were a couple of different fishing games, which are easy ways for little children to try their luck to win a cute stuffed animal.

You can get funnel cakes, if you have a sweet tooth. I have never had one, but lots of folks love them. There are also barbq turkey legs, cotton candy, and corn in a cup (whatever that is!).


Vendors sell lots of trinkets and silly stuff, like this neon colored wig that this young man is wearing. It's kind of hard to tell, but he is also wearing blinking dentures. I asked him if I could take his picture and he stopped and smiled this sweet smile. I was not planning on including his buddies, but they scooted close so they could be in the picture, too. Kids, go figure!


There were several very tame rides for the pre-school crowd. The motorcyles were popular. This young man is buckling his seat belt, so he won't fall off when the ride starts.

There were also quite a few wilder rides for the more adventurous. Mom, here is telling her son to be careful, I think. He assured her he would be ok. At least, that is what I think they are talking about. I was using my telephoto lens, so I couldn't actually hear the conversation.

I love carousels. And, I love brightly lit carousels on a dark night. Beautiful!

Finally, here is where I took the most photos. I am a glitz and bling kind of person, so all these flashing colored lights just drew me closer and closer. I don't know how many different photos I took of the ferris wheel and the Blizzard, but I can assure you Richard was pretty bored. Nonetheless, he patiently waited for me to get my fill. I love that man!

 This morning, I attended the annual County Fair Parade. I look forward to telling you all about it, so watch for the next post.

1 comment:

  1. The carnival is so colorful that it's fun to just walk around -- or look at these pictures -- even without going on a single ride.

    ReplyDelete