Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hot Enough to Fry an Egg????

It is sooooo hot outside! My thermometer says 109 degrees, but others here in Seguin have reported 115  degrees in the shade. That's so hot. So, I wondered if it was finally hot enough to fry an egg.

After researching on the internet, I found out an egg needs to be heated to around 140-160 degrees to actually cook, but if you put a piece of highly reflective foil on the ground, you might be able to get it to cook on a very hot day. Worth a try....


Now, I had no intention of sitting outside and watching the egg, so I left it in the driveway and  went back into the house. After half an hour, I went back outside....


Nope, not even remotely hot enough to start the cooking process....Well, that's nice to know. It is NOT hot enough to fry an egg. But it is hot. I promise you it is very HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment