Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Remembering the Summer...A Trip to Padre Island


Now that the temperature in central Texas is dipping into the 30s, I have decided to go back and look at some of the photos from my trip to Padre Island, last summer. Of course, it was important to watch the sun rise, so Richard and I got to the beach at about 6:30 in the morning. 


There were a few other folks enjoying the early morning, including this couple who were walking along the waveline with a net.


There were also a couple of joggers out. It must have felt wonderful to run along the quiet beach as the sun rose in the sky.


The beach cabanas were empty, waiting for the later visitors.


Many folks choose to stay at one of the many hotels that line the shore. We live close enough that we can make a beach trip in one day, though we may stay in a hotel next time rather than leave the house at 3 am to catch the early sunrise.


Bob Hall pier has been my favorite destination on Padre Island, ever since I visited it in the seventh grade with my church youth group. That was many years ago (over 40 years, to be exact) and it still looks the same to me.



While I was taking pictures, Richard noticed the fish skimming along in the crests of the waves. I had never seen that before.


This fisherman was catching some of those fish....I do not know what kind of fish they were.


Someone had been on the beach even earlier than me and left this beautiful little sand castle for folks to admire.


Finally, I tried my hand at making a beach sweetheart love note to Richard. I was not real pleased with how it turned out, so I will try again on my next beach trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment