Saturday, April 14, 2012

Oh, The Beauty of Turquoise...My Favorite Building In Rockport, Texas

Every once in a while, I spot something as we drive down the road, and I ask my driver, a.k.a. Richard, if he will kindly turn around and let me take a closer look. That happened as we drove down the main street of Rockport on our first day in town. 

Actually, I told him that I spotted a house with a color scheme that I would love to use for our 1930's cottage we are in the process of renovating. So, he dutifully turned the truck around and we drove back to this cute little business, only to have him give me a look and ask me if I was serious about using these colors. I guess they don't make his heart sing like they do for mine...

I mean, take a closer look at this realtor's office. The turquoise, red and white are incredible together. It has great curb appeal. Look at the shiny red balls that dress up the landscaping. Shiny stuff always gets extra points, as far as I am concerned. 

Now, take a closer look at the car parked next to the office. For pete's sake, it is a cute little red and black Volkswagen bug. 



Finally, take a look at the headlights. There are eyelashes on this car! I love it.
Well, Richard does not share my enthusiasm for turquoise, red and white, but that is ok. We may not paint our house turquoise....time to look at paint chips again.

No comments:

Post a Comment