Monday, April 16, 2012

What's Biting? The Fulton Harbor Bait Stand

I know next to nothing about fishing. So, this post is all about making assumptions based on signage. That's my official disclaimer before I start writing about what a person might catch if they were to throw a line into the water near Fulton Harbor.


Here's a bait stand. That's a good place to start when planning a fishing expedition. This bait stand is  convenient, since it sits right on the edge of Fulton Harbor. You can even see one of the fishing boats in the background. 

Let's see...according to the wooden signs nailed to the exterior of the shop, you might expect to catch croaker, shad, eel, pin perch, piggy, sea lice, mud minnows, blue crab, table shrimp, ribbon fish, squid and/or mullet.

Well, after analyzing the list, I suspect some of the sea creatures are actually the bait, and some are the catch. I mean, who is going to spend good money to catch sea lice? And what in the world is piggy?

That brings me to the Fulton Harbor Bait Stand's own disclaimer....

I think you might need to be a fisherman to appreciate their sense of humor. With that being said, you now know where to go if you need bait or information if you are planning a fishing trip to Rockport or Fulton Beach.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nan,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Rockport to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete