Thursday, January 12, 2012

Texas Doors Across The Central Plains

Today, I am just posting a collection 
of some of my favorite doors 
that I have spotted
 as I roam around central Texas.

This building is located between Stockdale and Cuero. I think it is a wood-working shop, which explains the interesting use of wood for their building. However, only the great imagination and vision of the owner can account for the curves, lines, odd-ball windows and wonderfully funky architecture.


This is the courtyard of a great cafe and antique shop located just a few blocks off the center of New Braunfels, Texas. I love the adobe style stucco and the traditional Texas "Alamo" roof line. Also, the bell, cross and arched windows are reminiscent of the Spanish missions built in the eighteenth and nineteenth century. 



This is a door to one of the apartments that have been built in the old Magnolia Hotel, in Seguin. The Magnolia Hotel was built around 1840, making it one of the oldest structures in Seguin. It sits empty now, and I am not even sure this apartment is occupied, although the door of the apartment to the right has several planters sitting outside, so I think someone does live there. 



Geronimo is just about five miles north of Seguin on Highway 123. This house sits just a few feet off the main highway through town. The  single star over the door is a very common decoration in the state of Texas. After all, Texas is called the Lone Star State, you know. 


 This very elegant set of double-doors caught my eye when I went to an estate sale at this home. The house sits on the crest of a hill commanding a broad view of Guadalupe county.

No comments:

Post a Comment