Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Storm Clouds Roll In


The Texas wildflower season is hit and miss for a photographer. A couple of years ago, it was pretty good. Last year, due to the drought, there were no flowers at all. This year, we have had lots of rain, and the flowers are incredible, but there are way too many days that are overcast or too cloudy for good light. So, this past week I have gotten out every chance I can get, to take my fill of flower shots before the blooms begin to wilt and die.

Today, Richard and I have a young friend visiting us, and I took him with me after I picked him up from school. I gave him a spare camera and we headed out to the same spot I have gone to many times. It is the field in front of some friends' home. There is a wonderfully rusty long, long shed that makes a fantastic background for the flower pictures.

As we drove in the direction of the field, we could see dark grey storm clouds moving in a line toward us, and by the time we reached our destination, the clouds were almost overhead.
With no other option other than returning home, we got out our cameras and began to film. Here are my two favorite shots.

I loved the clouds and the light was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment