Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Texas Wildflower Season Is Here



Once again, thanks to an abundance of rain, the fields and sides of roads are bursting with color. The wild flowers have begun to bloom, and there are still several more weeks for more patches to appear. Texans are mighty proud of their wild flower displays, and they are particularly proud of the sky blue blooms of the bluebonnet.

It has been a busy, hectic winter for me, so I have not posted much at all and I am looking forward to getting back into the daily routine of sharing some of the natural beauty of central Texas. So, for the next several days, I will be featuring some of the wild flowers that are blooming around Seguin.

Of course, I will start with the bluebonnet, so come back tomorrow to learn a little about our favorite flower, the Texas state flower, the bluebonnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment