Monday, August 6, 2012

A Texas Windmill at Sunset


It seems that there has been a shortage of beautiful sunsets in the last year...I guess I got spoiled when I could go out almost any evening and view a glorious display of pinks and oranges and blues and purples as the sun set, lighting clouds on fire and sending rays of light streaking across the sky. No more, or at least that is how is seems. So, I rarely take my camera out at dusk. It seems like a wasted effort.

Richard knows how much I enjoy sunsets, though, so he pushed me out the door and into the truck on Saturday evening. We bought a couple of drinks at Sonic, a cherry limeade for me and a blueberry pomegranate limeade for him, and we headed out toward the setting sun.

I suggested we head south on FM 775, toward the farming communities of New Berlin and La Vernia. As the sun set, we passed this windmill and water tower. For just a few moments, as the sun got low enough in the sky, I stood on the side of the road and shot some pictures.
There, with the windmill standing tall, I enjoyed the drama of the sun falling below the horizon for yet another day. Hurray!


No comments:

Post a Comment