Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm Still Harassing the Mockingbirds

 Well, we don't need a universal translator to understand what Mrs. Mockingbird is saying to her husband, as I climb up the ladder to peek into their nest.

"So are you going to do anything about her???? She's sticking her nose into our business again. Do something, why don't ya?"



"Huh! If you're not going to say something to her, then I for sure the heck am!" Mrs. Mockingbird flies a little closer to me. "Hey you, get away from my nest," she squawks at me.

I understand, but I just can't help myself. I have to take another peek at her babies. There they are, snuggled up in the bowl of the nest, barely awake, but hoping they are going to get fed.

I have decided to name them. Think of the face of a clock...I see two o'clock, six o'clock and seven thirty. So, I will call them, twosie, sixsie and seven-thirty. Aren't they adorable?

Twosie has a spot of poop or something on his head. Yuck.

Sixsie is the alpha of the nest, as far as I can tell. He is always the first to pop his head up.

 Seven-thirty seems to be the slowest of the group.

I expect they will grow fast, and soon, they will be gone, so I plan on making frequent trips up the ladder as long as they are still in the nest.






No comments:

Post a Comment