Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Familiar Anole Reappears on My Fence

Greetings to all my regular readers...

Several weeks ago, I introduced you to the little green anole, or lizard which lives in my garden and loves to sit on the vintage fence next to the water hose. Yesterday, he spent quite a while going back and forth on the old silver top bar of the fence, hoping to attract some foolish bug to get close enough to become his lunch.  

Sometimes, it is nice to revisit old friends and see how they are doing. 




This fella has mastered the art of getting noticed. He pumps air into his dewlap, and a bright pink bubble appears under his chin.


After he stared at me for a while, he finally moved on and climbed up a decorative garden ornament, and I went back into the house.

As I was writing this post, I thought about all the readers who regularly visit my blog. There are friends and family, of course, but there are also a lot of anonymous readers who live all over the world. The list of countries that my readership is made up of is enormous. I would love to hear from you! There is a spot at the bottom of the post for you to leave a comment, so why don't you take just a moment and say hello...

Also, there is a place to join as a Friend of this blog. You can find it to the right of the post. It's not hard to become a friend, and I would love to be able to thank you for your visits.

Thanks to each of you who visits Wild About Texas, and may God bless you!
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog. The pictures are amazing! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete