Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July....About People

Parades are more than floats and marching bands. They are also people...the folks dressed in red, white and blue on bikes, in their vintage cars, dressed as clowns, with their families, all having a wonderful time. Here are some of my favorite people of this year's Fourth of July parade.

This young lady's eyes sparkled more than the stars on her headband as she waited for the parade to begin.


What a great pair...can you tell that she loves her dog?


As this clown walked up and down the sidelines, I knew he must  be soooo hot. Yet, he smiled and entertained the children with a spring in his step.


Every year, the local steel mill has a patriotic float entered in the parade. I don't know about you, but my heart just sings when I see the backbone of our country, men strong and true, standing with pride as they wear their matching red,white and blue shirts.


Now, these four young men caught my eye as they walked in front of me. I don't know if you can tell or not, but the gentleman on the far left is pumping his arms up and down in time to some hidden rhythm, his eyes closed at times, and his head going back and forth. He might have had an earbud pounding music into his ear, though I did not see one.

Then there is the very politically incorrect, but very southern Confederate soldier. In the south, folks have long memories.




Elvis is alive and hiding out in a small town in Texas. Here's proof.

And we cannot forget the tooth brush lady....



Finally, two of my very favorite people in the whole world, my daughter and my grandson. My son-in-law and my granddaughter were also there, but I did not get a single shot of all of them together. They understand....the parade had my total attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment