Sunday, June 26, 2011

Early in the Garden on Sunday Morning

I Come To The Garden Alone

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses.
And the voice  I hear, 
Falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.
And He walks with me,
And He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own.
And the joy we share 
As we tarry there,
None other has ever known.



This timeless hymn was written by C. Austin Miles in April, 1912. He writes that his Bible was open to John 20, and he read the story of Mary coming to the tomb of Jesus in the early hours of the morning, where she met her risen Savior. So, I share this rose covered with tiny dew drops on this Sunday morning, and rejoice that we can meet with God early in the morning, for sweet fellowship and communion. We serve a risen Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment