Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Sun Sets Near Belmont, Texas


Every sunset and every sunrise is a unique expression of the artistic handiwork of God Almighty. There are never two sunsets that are exactly alike, and when you drive to one of your favorite spots to witness a sunrise or sunset, you never know what you are going to get. Sometimes, there may be clouds in the sky an hour before sunset, and then they all disappear when the sun gets close to the horizon. You just never know.

Last night, Richard and I drove east, toward Gonzales, and parked on the side of the road just before the bustling metropolis of Belmont. We waited, watching the sun fall, and suddenly, one lone cloud appeared right in the path of the sun. It wasn't much, but it added a little texture to the evening sky. It's kind of hard to spot in this shot, but if you look closely, you can see it right below the sun.

Sometimes, Richard asks me if I have enough shots of the sun as it sets or rises. I just raise my eyebrows slightly and shake my head. "No, not yet." I always tell him. The best one is yet to come, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment