Monday, June 20, 2011

Water Restrictions Apply for Drought-stricken Seguin

It is so hot, here in central Texas, with temperatures hitting the one hundred mark for the past several days. The heat is terrible, and when combined with the lack of rain, the conditions for animals and crops is horrendous. We are in such need of relief.

I have been watering the grass so that we do not lose our yard. I know grass is a luxury, and I want to make sure that it doesn't turn brown and brittle. So, I turn on the sprinklers. The city of Seguin instituted watering restrictions, though. Folks are only allowed to water between 8 pm and 10 am with sprinklers, and we are still allowed to water at any time if we are holding the hose. I can either get up and outside very early, or stay up late to get it all done. 


I think that the local animals have all found out when I water, because my yard becomes  the local bathhouse for all the birds, and the squirrels have found spots where they can get wet, too.


The weather report says that there is a 40% chance for some rain on Wednesday. Oh, how I hope it rains!

No comments:

Post a Comment