Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday Evening, Downtown Seguin


There are a few minutes each day where the possibility exists for what artists call "golden light." It can happen soon after the sun rises, or a little before the sun sets. If it happens, if it is not too hazy, if it is not overcast, if everything is just right, for just a few minutes, maybe ten or fifteen minutes, the sun bathes everything it touches with a luscious golden light. Photographers love it. So, as Rich and I were driving through downtown Seguin on Sunday evening, I became aware of the beautiful light hitting the buildings.

Sunday evening is an especially good time to photograph downtown because most of the business are closed and there is almost no traffic. That means I can stand in the middle of the street, if I so choose...and that is what I did. 




No comments:

Post a Comment