Monday, August 8, 2011

Wild About the Zoo...Forth Worth

August is not the best time to spend the day at a zoo. It is way too hot!  I visited the zoo in January...much nicer temperatures here in Texas. As I recall, it was cool enough to wear a sweater for a brief period in the morning. Then, it warmed up and it was very pleasant. 
Of course, I had my camera. The gorilla caught my eye as he sat contemplating a shoot of bamboo. 

Later on, he was up against the wall of his enclosure and he looked like he was having a bad day. I have looked at this picture several times, and at times I think he looks like a creature that knows he is serving a life sentence in prison, and at other times, he just looks really, really mad. Whatever his emotional state, there is no denying he is deep in some kind of attitude.


This crocodile was not very large, but I still would not advise swimming in the same pool as him.

Then I saw a lion who stood over his mate and displayed his royal roar for the crowd. She did not look very impressed. I guess she has heard that story more than once. Kind of like a lot of married couples, isn't it?

And for a couple of my friends who love zebra prints, this one is for you...the real thing!

Of course, you can never have too many pictures of flamingos. The colors are so over the top, and everything about them is photogenic.

This is a lizard. He jumped in the water while I was looking at him. I loved his mirror reflection. It makes for a kind of odd photo, but I like it.

Finally, the real reason I went to the zoo...This is a shot of my grandson, who was fascinated with the large aquarium exhibit.  I can't wait until we make another trip to the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment