Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sebastopol Early Morning Light


Sebastapol is located just a few blocks from downtown Seguin, kind of off the beaten path, and very quiet, for the most part.

I was very fortunate to do an internship at this wonderful historical mansion in my senior year in college, since I was majoring in history, and specializing in the history of Guadalupe county.

 I learned about the families that lived here, and the children that grew up in this house. Under the house, as I recall, there is a bricked in room that has bars over the windows, but there is no access to the room.

Folks have speculated about it's use, since it is in the middle of the crawl/basement space. Very strange, but then, all old houses should have some stories and mysteries that remain through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment