Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Three Amigos...three old trucks hidden off the beaten path


I always wonder what we will find when my husband and I go on a photography road trip. Richard, my husband, best friend, and chauffeur, drove me through some wonderful back roads, last week, and I gave him a list of things to look for. The list went something like this...windmills, donkeys, old run-down buildings, wild flowers, donkeys, and of course, old cars sitting in fields. 
He spotted these three beauties just outside Blanco. I missed them because they were almost completely hidden behind some brush. We turned around and pulled off the road and had to drive down a narrow path for about 100 feet or so to get a good shot. There was no fence or gate, so I didn't feel like I could get into too much trouble, but once I got out of the truck, some dogs started barking  further down the path. 
I am not real crazy about barking dogs. Especially when I am probably on someone else's property, so I took three or four QUICK shots and jumped back into the truck. How I wish I could have stayed there and set up my shots, checking the light, etc. Oh well, maybe another time.

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love this! I'm jealous you found such cool colorful old trucks to photograph. Way cool and what fun it would be to be able to stay longer and set up shots. I'm with you though on not liking barking dogs and would have left as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like they are lined up for a race or something. Can't you picture three good ol' boys running out to their trucks, jumping in and revving them up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Car removal aspley will haul away the unwanted car off your hands with minimum fuss. When it is necessary to call car wreckers aspley service Car Wreckers Aspley

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are thinking about any hidden charges for the services we provide. There are no hidden charges at all. From getting a quote till car removal, each service is free Car Removal Ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Junk Car Removals is the best Cash For Cars Brisbane Up To $12000 With Free Car Removal Brisbane, Get Top Cash For Junk Cars, Vans, Suv, Truck in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich, Logan, Caboolture, Sunshine Coast, Inner Brisbane, South Brisbane, North Brisbane, West Brisbane and East Brisbane
    Cash For Cars Brisbane
    Top Cash For Cars Brisbane
    Car Removal Logan
    Car Removal Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Looking for the best self drive cars in Chennai at an affordable cost, Onroadz is the No.1 choice to get your favourite self driven cars as per your choice and you can thoroughly enjoy your self driving with your friends, family or on your own as your own car. Book your cars from cheap to luxury cars for rent at Onroadz and make your self driving best ever in your lifetime.

    ReplyDelete