Friday, January 13, 2017

Baby Ballerina


This little darling performed at a dance recital I attended. At the completion of all the performances, proud parents and grandparents showered their little divas with bouquets and posed the precious ballerinas for photos. This little girl just stole my heart. She is a classic, eternal beauty. So, while daddy was taking her picture, I was over on the side, taking a photo also.

In my attempt to master new skills, I wanted to work on clothing folds and material shimmers. I think I did a pretty good job on the outfit. I wish I had done as well on her face. I never quite got the pouty innocence no matter how many times I tried. It has been several years since I painted this one, and I never did seal it, so I may go back, some day, and see if I can get mine to look a little more like the photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment