Monday, January 9, 2017

The Three Princesses, Seguin Parade Series




Seguin is renowned for it's grand Fourth of July parade, touted as the largest small-town Fourth of July in Texas. I love to walk the staging area as the parade participants are awaiting their turn to enter Austin Street and begin the long journey to the Coliseum parking lot. I have met so many interesting folks, and I wish I could take photos of them all. Not possible, but I do what I can….

Here are three lovely young women in their royal regalia. One sports a watermelon theme, promoting Luling, the watermelon capital. Another has a strawberry ensemble, which everyone knows must be for the city of Poteet, with it's famous Strawberry Festival. The third gal, the one in blue, features the bluebonnet, and let me tell you, folks in Texas are proud of our bluebonnets.

Anyhow, once I started painting this parade scene, I was inspired to paint several more. So, I will share several of them in the coming days, mixed in with more individual portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment