Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Seguin's Uncle Sam, Missing in Action





Folks who have attended Seguin's Fourth of July parades have seen our own Uncle Sam, a local resident who rides a vintage bicycle, you know, the kind with the giant front wheel. On this particular Fourth of July morning, Uncle Sam is talking to one of the parade officials.

 In the background, firefighters dressed in their very best are standing at ease while they wait for their turn to enter the parade. If you look closely, you can see a young man sitting in the driver's seat of a very old fire truck, which is sitting on a flatbed.

This painting is missing in action. I entered it in a silent auction to benefit the South Texas Pregnancy and Care Center, a couple of months ago. It did not get purchased, but it did disappear. I hope it will turn up again, but who knows. I am writing about this so that if you happen to see it somewhere on display, you might let me know. Meanwhile, I will continue to paint Seguin parade scenes and local Seguin personages. I might even paint Uncle Sam again.



No comments:

Post a Comment