Friday, January 6, 2017

Kim and Jonathan Are Among the First



This is the second portrait I ever painted. After being stuck in the house for a while my super-cool, super-fast, super-undependable hunter green corvette was once again super-broke, I decided to go through some of the portrait sessions I had done in the past to see if I could find a photo I could use for painting practice.

This is the photo I found:



I took some artistic license with the painting….changed the background to include some blue sky, and painting Kim's face where it is more stylized than an exact rendering, but overall, for my second attempt at painting faces, I was pleased.

Somewhere along the line, I realized I love painting people!

Dear readers, please note that I did not begin to paint until well into my fifth decade of life. For those of you who feel like it is too late to embark on a new journey, I wish to say, "Balderdash." It is never too late. If you have a yearning to attempt something new, GO FOR IT! What's the worst that can happen?




No comments:

Post a Comment