Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Very Beginning…My First Portrait

Here's my very first attempt at portraiture.
I had no idea plaid is such a complicated pattern.
No one told me fingers are such complex structures.
Skin tones? Why, they must be pink, I am sure…(hahaha, NOT!)

With all the things I did not know, what I did know was that I had a wonderful time working things out. Here is the exact moment I moved from thinking photography was the only way I had to express myself artistically. I knew I am never going to be Michelangelo or Rembrandt. That's okay. I will be the very best Nancy Kissiar that there ever has or will be.
Life is such a fun adventure, and definitely full of surprises.


 Just for comparison, here is a painting I did several years after my very first portrait. Yea! I can see growth and improvement. I share this because I hope you will go out and do something new. Something you know is difficult, something that takes years to get "right." Go ahead. Do it. Who cares if it isn't as good as someone elses's work. Do it, do it a lot. Work at it. Read about it. Talk to others who do it. Practice, practice, practice. I promise you will improve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment