Friday, January 13, 2017

Running Girl


I have to tell you a story about this little girl. She is not a performer, she is not motivated by people's praise, she could care less whether she ever gets any gold stars. But she is polite.

 This is Ellie.

She is the sister of the little conductor in a previous post. He calls me his best friend. She loves me just as much, but she shows it so much differently.

Instead of running up to hug me, she quietly and unobtrusively sneaks up to snuggle with me when I am not paying attention. When asked if she would like to talk to me on the phone, I generally hear her reply, "No thank you," but I don't get my feelings hurt.

You see, Ellie is an artist, just like her grandmother. And when she draws, I find myself features in a lot of her work, surrounded by rainbow, larger than any other figure, honored and loved.

I look into her beautiful eyes, and I know. She loves me just as much as I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment