Saturday, January 7, 2017

Chuck and His Dog


This is Chuck…

Yes, he only has three fingers on his right hand. Chuck spent most of his adult life as a professor of theology to graduate level students and as a missionary, teaching pastoral topics in third world countries. Once, when in Albania, he fell from a ladder and lost his little finger. He jokes about going to the Albanian hospital and hearing the ER doctor tell him they didn't have any novacaine to deaded the pain as they operated on his hand.

Chuck never liked this painting, though it hangs on his wall in his home. He always said he needed more color in his skin tones. I keep that in mind as I paint, now. He might be right, but I never went back and changed it.

Carlos is the first dog I ever painted. I think I got his "skin" color spot on.

Oh well, I look at this painting and try to see what I got right. You can't start out a Rembrandt, but you can keep striving to improve. That's what I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment