Monday, May 30, 2011

Abbott, Texas... Population 356


Pulling into Abbott, Texas, I did not know what to expect. I just hoped there were a few interesting photo ops. The first thing I saw as I headed into town was the water tower.


It's a nice water tower... I took a couple of shots and looked around. There was one store on the main street with a car in front of it. Just one car, and a red bicycle. So I took a couple more shots...a few of the bike and a few of the store.




After taking a couple of shots of the church across the street, I decided to go into the store, since that was the only spot in town where I saw any life. However, as I got there, the manager and a couple of young people were just locking up. Darn.


Not a problem. Jeff, the manager offered to open up, and he shared a little about his store. He told me Willie Nelson, THE Willie Nelson, is the owner. Ahhhhhh...that would explain the sign over the door.


It just goes to show a person that you never know what you will find when you leave the boring interstate highway and head down a country road. Who would have known that Willie Nelson grew up in Abbott, Texas? I can't wait to go on another road trip.

1 comment: