Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Quiet Evening on Lake Placid

I am a sunset watcher. Every evening as the sun begins to fall toward the horizon, I wonder what will happen. Will the sky turn shades of pink and rose? Will there be a few clouds to reflect the fire of the sun? Will it be too hazy to see the sun as it gets close to the horizon? 
You see, you never know how a sunset is going to turn out until it actually starts to set. So, I have a tendency to approach the end of every day with anticipation. 


Last night, while visiting with friends at their riverside home, the sun started to set. It was what I call a quiet sunset...not a lot of clouds or tons of color, just a little bit of pink in the sky. The sun was the star of the show, not the sky. It was such a pure, rich color as it dropped lower and lower. For just a moment, it was framed between the branches of a nearby tree. Then, it finished it's free-fall and dropped below the horizon. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. I took a few from on top of the parking garage. The sun was almost gone so it was to dark. I need to get up there earlier next time.

    ReplyDelete