Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Green Lizard Up Close and Personal

Yesterday, I introduced my dear readers to the green anole who lives in my garden. He is such a marvel, a tiny bit of God's creation. 


I am in awe as I study the details of this little anole. Look at the incredible pattern of his covering, the colors that God chose when he made this creature. The turquoise shade beneath his eyes, the creamy eggshell white on his underside...


As the anole raises his head, the neck pouch is barely visible, yet with a few contractions of very specialized muscles, he displays a bubblegum pink pouch that lures insects in for a closer look.  What a wonder he is, this little green anole. Created by the will of God, not a random accident of millions of years of evolution.

1 comment:

  1. We just saw this little guy running around our front deck. He seemed awfully curious because he came right up and on our table. I don't know if he is the same species but he is small, green, with that amazing pink pouch. Really cute and amazing.

    Dick

    ReplyDelete