Monday, May 23, 2011

Another Chick...Meet the Little White-wing Dove

This little fella was perched on the brick railings at my front door. I spotted him when I was opening windows, so I grabbed my camera and went out the back door, to see if I could sneak up close enough to get a shot or two before he flew away. Oh, I put my cat in the house as I went outside. Missy follows me around when I am outside. Do you know what she thinks of baby chicks? Right...they taste mighty fine. That's what she would say if she could talk.


The little dove chick spotted me right away, but sat very still. I moved closer and closer, for that is my nature. I always push the line. Well, finally, it was too close for the bird. He (or she, not really sure, you know I am not a dove expert) stood up, alert and ready to fly. 


I wasn't real sure the chick could fly yet,but when I took one step too many, the little thing up and flew around the corner of the house. By the time I turned the corner, it was gone. It flew fast enough to get away from me. I hope it lives a long and healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment