Monday, May 2, 2011

More Baby Birds...Meet the Mockingbird Baby

This mockingbird started fussing at me when I went to turn the sprinkler on, so I started looking around for a nest. 


I did not find a nest, so I continued to watch the mockingbird. It wasn't long before the bird was back. This time, it had a bug in it's beak, so I wanted to see where it went. If flew all around my back porch, landing on the porch column, and the bush next to the porch.


It wouldn't go into the bush, but it hopped around the top edges, then flew to a low-hanging branch on the pecan tree, watching me as I watching him.


So, I looked all around the bush. There, on one of the lowest branches, hidden behind some leaves, I spotted the baby bird, much more developed than the starling babies, out of the nest, ready to begin flying lessons. I hope my cat doesn't spot it...she loves baby birds, also, but not because they're so cute. She loves them because they taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment